|# of openings:||2|
JOB TITLE: Clinical Officer
The Clinical Officer reports directly to the Site in-charge with dotted line to the Program Officer
The Clinical Officer is responsible for providing comprehensive TB/HIV cares services to Children, adolescents, adults, HIV exposed infants and their mothers and HIV Positive pregnant women attending the mother-baby-care points according to MoH HIV treatment guidelines.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
· Identify clients for targeted HIV testing and referring them to laboratory for testing.
· Order for baseline investigations for the newly identified HIV Positive clients.
· Enrol the newly identified HIV Positive clients on ART.
· Diagnose opportunistic infection and other illnesses in HIV patients according to the care and treatment guidelines.
· Assess diagnose and prescribe medication for treatment of other illnesses including opportunistic infections.
· Review and monitor the patient’s response to treatment including documentation of drug adverse effects
· Order for monitoring laboratory investigations for clients on ART including CD4 and viral loads.
· Review monitory lab investigations to inform improvements in client’s management.
· Early detection and control of TB infection among HIV patients.
· Identifying patients for referrals and linkages to other care and treatment provision centres.
· Provide PMTC & EID services to HIV positive mothers and their infants respectively.
· Provide HIV prevention services including SGBV [post exposure prophylaxis (PEP) services to survivors, perpetrators and victims]; Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), HIV self-testing [HIVST], KP/PP services.
· Fill primary data capture tools including client cards for ART, TB and HIV prevention services.
· Diploma in Clinical Medicine or Community Health from a recognized institution.
· Training in current management of HIV/AIDS prevention, care Treatment services
· In-service training in management of HIV/AIDS complications.
· At least 2 years of professional experience in a busy clinical setting.
· Registered under the Allied Health Professional’s Council with a valid practicing license.
· Good counselling and health education skills with good interpersonal and communication skills.
· Negotiation skills.
· Emotional control.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is an equal opportunity employer