PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, finance, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
We are seeking a Temporary Program Assistant to provide operational and programmatic support and assist in the administration of the business functions of Advocacy for Public Policy project in Uganda. The Temporary Program Assistant will assist in organizing logistics for meetings, trainings and events, support in taking minutes, uploading and tagging of documents in department library on SharePoint and filing hard copies of documents among other duties. He/She will be engaged for a period of three (3) months with the possibility of an extension. This position will be based in Kampala.
Key Duties and Responsibilities.
Programmatic and Logistics Support:
- Work with program leads to assist in all aspects of programming including events, meetings, workshops, research, community organizing, working with beneficiaries, communications, and performance evaluation.
- Assist program leads to organize logistics for meetings, training, and events.
- Take attendance registrations during workshops and meetings.
- Update and share with teams monthly/quarterly travel logs.
- Prepares and submits to finance mobile money wallets for participants during workshops or meetings.
Communications and Reporting Support:
- Support in taking minutes during meetings/workshops.
- Book meeting venues and accommodation for both staff and non-staff.
- Manage meetings, training and workshops calendar invitations.
- Manage program files for the department, including uploading and tagging of documents in department library on SharePoint and filing hard copies of documents.
- Monitor office supplies and makes procurement requests as necessary.
- Follow up on invoices from vendors and submit to finance for payments.
- Holder of a bachelor’s degree with development studies, social sciences, business administration. Postgraduate diploma in project planning and management will be an advantage.
- At least two years of related program support experience required. Computer competency requiring word-processing, spreadsheet and database software knowledge and experience.
- Excellent communication skills. Fluency in English, written and oral required. Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced computer skills in a Windows-based environment including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel. Willingness to learn new software.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Superior relationship-building skills. Courteous and professional with multicultural sensitivity.
- Ability to maintain a calm and professional attitude under pressure or constantly shifting priorities.
Candidates must have legal authorization to work in Uganda.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.