The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
The USAID-funded Uganda Voucher Plus Activity in Uganda aims to achieve measurable improvements in safe motherhood services by supporting health financing and innovative service delivery models in the private sector. Under the supervision of the Quality Assurance Advisor, the Regional Clinical Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for ensuring the overall quality service delivery, coordination and technical supervision of all field activities under the Uganda Voucher Plus Activity in the region.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare and monitor the implementation of the monthly, quarterly and annual Voucher Plus Activity work plans as defined in the Activity’s scope of work to ensure access to high quality comprehensive obstetric care & FP services within the accredited health facilities in the region
- Directly manage, coach and mentor the regional CQI mentor midwives on all aspects of the Uganda Voucher Plus Activity by providing leadership for efficient and effective operational delivery of the voucher covered RMNCAH services.
- Create and maintain good collaborative working relationships and linkages between the Voucher Plus Activity and her stakeholders including attending all relevant meetings that advance the Voucher plus agenda at both the District local governments and region
- Oversee the capacity building efforts for providers at accredited health facilities in the region to ensure adherence and maintenance of high quality standards of service delivery through needs assessments and development of QI plans to address the identified needs periodically
- Provide direct and regular technical support to all CEMONC facilities within the region to enhance access to comprehensive obstetric care services for voucher covered clients in the region
- Prepare and implement annual quality improvement plans for all accredited health facilities in the region through regular support supervision and mentorship visits as required
- Support providers to create and support client/patient referral from BEMONC to CEMONC and follow up linkages at all accredited health facilities in the region to ensure access to all voucher covered services
- Support all accredited health facilities to access & use MOH registers and HMIS booklets to ensure monthly reporting to districts as required
- Support and link accredited health facilities to access FP commodities, ARVs for EMTCT, vaccines for childhood immunization etc, within the districts by working closely with DHO’s offices
- Oversee the implementation of corrective QI recommendations arising from the annual Clinical Audits for the Voucher Plus accredited health facilities within the region to ensure achievement of the expected RMNCH Standards
- Prepare and submit accurate, complete and timely periodic reports on all Voucher Plus activities in the region
- Perform any other duties as directed by your supervisor
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- A medical degree (MBchB from a recognized University)
- Completion of internship and registration with the Uganda Medical & Dental Practitioners Council
- Master’s Degree in public Health or Obstetrics and Gynecology desirable
- Specific training and or experience in RMCH technical areas is added advantage
- At least 3 years of experience in a supervisory position managing maternal & reproductive health programs in reputable NGOs (desirable)
- Hands on experience as a practicing clinician/surgeon in a busy CEMONC facility
- Experience working with private health sector providers (desirable)
- Experience working with District local governments and other local players in health (desirable)
- Demonstrated abilities to plan and implement capacity building activities and workshops
- Experience in mentorship and coaching providers on clinical RMNCAH issues
- Advanced written, presentation, and communication skills in English
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively in the region
- Understanding of Eastern and or Northern Ugandan dialects (desirable)
- Must be Ugandan national
- (6+) years of experience and a master degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.