THE UGANDA NATIONAL OIL COMPANY LIMITED (UNOC) IS RECRUITING
The Uganda National Oil Company (UNOC) Ltd was established under the Petroleum
(Exploration, Development and Production) Act and the Petroleum (Refining, Conversion,
Transmission and Midstream storage) Act, both of 2013 and incorporated under the
Companies’ Act, 2012. It is a limited liability company wholly owned by the Government of
The overall function of UNOC is to handle the State’s commercial interests in the Oil
and Gas industry and ensure that the resource is exploited in a sustainable manner.
UNOC now invites applications from persons interested to develop their career with a
dynamic results-oriented Company to occupy the following position:
JOB TITLE: Senior Social Relations Officer
REPORTS TO: Head of Corporate Affairs
JOB PURPOSE: To support the development and implementation of strategies for
management of relationships with host communities, design
engagement initiatives, identify stakeholder issues and
appropriately address them and contribute to the overall
development and maintenance of UNOC’s reputation.
1. Support the development and implementation of community engagement strategies
including informing, consulting and involving the relevant stakeholders and evaluating
the effectiveness of these strategies as well as corporate social responsibility activities of
2. Ensure that all communication to the communities meet Company standards and have
been approved through the relevant company structures.
3. Ensure that all community concerns and issues in relation to UNOC projects are
identified, documented, tracked and resolved.
4. Lead in planning and participate in engagements with key stakeholders such as Joint
Venture partners as well as Government in matters related to host communities.
5. Ensuring UNOC`s Management and Staff understand the value of and are committed to
the genuine participation of host communities in the development of products and
services designed to meet stakeholder needs in a client focused manner.
6. Develop community engagement plans, events and sensitization campaigns and
7. Develop content for sensitization of communities, information posters, packs and
educational materials about UNOC and the general oil and gas sector.
8. Conduct satisfaction and impact surveys on UNOC’s projects within the host
9. Participate in the planning for and implementation of stakeholder forums, meetings and
10. Provide content and updates for various Management reporting and environmental
11. Produce accurate stakeholder engagement reports and dashboards representing effects
of interventions on targeted stakeholders.
12. Provide leadership support to the Community Relations Officers.
13. Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Attributes:
a) A Bachelor’s Degree (Hons) in Social Sciences, Community Development, Environmental
Sciences, Public Relations, Psychology, Sociology, Development Studies or
b) A master’s degree in oil and gas studies, project management, Communications,
Environmental services, land use management or any other relevant discipline will be an
c) A minimum of six (6) years’ experience in implementing community development
d) Relevant experience in the extractives sector will be an added advantage.
e) Knowledge of Oil and Gas laws in Uganda is an added advantage.
f) Must be Innovative and with a proven high level of integrity.
g) Work have ability to work independently and in a team with results.
h) Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills.
i) Proficiency in the relevant computer packages.
j) Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively
at all levels.
Completed and signed Application Forms together with certified copies of academic
certificates should be addressed and submitted in TRIPLICATE to the address below by
17:00 hours (5:00pm EAT) not later than Friday 12th July 2019.
Applications delivered through courier or post office will also be received. Applications must
include a cover letter, application form and supporting documents.
While we thank you for your interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any
form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
UNOC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from the Albertine Graben are
encouraged to apply.
The Job Details and Application Form can be downloaded from Careers at www.unoc.co.ug
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
UGANDA NATIONAL OIL COMPANY
P.O.BOX 36316, KAMPALA
Plot 15, YUSUF LULE ROAD