Fenix International is a next-generation energy company. Our mission is to transform our customers’ quality of life through disruptive innovation in energy and financial services. Our flagship product, ReadyPay Solar, is an expandable, lease-to-own solar home system financed through affordable instalments starting under $0.16 per day. We use real-time transaction data to create a unique credit score to finance power upgrades and other life-changing loans and open up a wider world of energy and financing for our customers.
Fenix operate as a distinct and autonomous company within the ENGIE group in order to retain our unrelenting focus on innovation, smart iterative design, strong team culture and exceptional customer experience. Together, Fenix and ENGIE plan to bring life-changing energy and financial services to tens of millions of off-grid customers and to make universal access to modern energy a reality across Africa.
The HSSE Manager will be responsible for establishing, developing and implementing Fenix Global Health, Safety, Security and Environment programs as well as managing such issues within the company. Fenix is looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who will be responsible for proactively protecting the health, safety and environment of our employees, partners and communities where we operate. A successful candidate must be a detail-oriented professional with strong critical thinking skills and a demonstrated track record of effective HSSE work.
- Ensuring compliance with personal and system HSE regulations or applicable standards such as ENGIE Global Care Rules and ISO45001at all levels.
- Create new and review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation
- Implement & Coordinate internal / External HSE Audits and monitor compliance
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations
- Remain alert to emerging issues and global trends that might benefit or otherwise impact individual and team’s work
- Design strategies to reduce HSSE incidents and other issues that may affect public and staff safety
- Respond immediately to HSSE incidents / accidents ensuring risk mitigation strategies are implemented in a timely manner
- Go to the field to investigate HSSE accidents and other public safety concerns within the location/area
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to senior management
- Maintain and manage safety records, logbooks, registers and documentation as required
- Identify training needs, develop appropriate training programs and deliver training to employees.
- Prepare HSSE Role & Responsibilities for Fenix Employees
- Motivate the Fenix team to follow best HSSE standards and practices
- Ensure a safe working environment for all personnel and third parties
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5-10 year experience as an HSE professional
- Bachelor's Degree or HND in any related course
- Knowledge of Potentially Hazardous Materials or Practices.
- Relevant HSE certification; NEBOSH, HSE 1, 2, 3 certifications
- First Aid training
- Team player and self-starter
- Ability to influence, inspire and motivate people who are not directly under your responsibility
- Must be proactive and have good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Up to 40% travel required
Desired Skills and Experience
- Creation or management of HSSE plans for fast-growing businesses
- French and/or Portuguese language skills
- Experience in developing markets
- Experience in FMCG industries or light manufacturing