Overall purpose of the role:
The Finance Assistant will offer day-to-day financial support to the implementation financial policies and guidance according to the New Finance Volume.
The position will work in close cooperation with the Finance Officer - Senior
Key duties and responsibilities
- Bi monthly Cashbook review of some cashbooks- working closely with Finance officer- Senior
- Responsible for management of DRC bank accounts. In charge of adding and deleting signatories/Agents and follow up on Bank mandate whenever there is change on DRC bank data base
- Ensure updated Bank mandate is in place in coordination with Finance Assistant and ensure SVF is signed by new staff
- Responsible for filling returns by the 15th of the month- PAYE, NSSF, WHT, LST for National staff, expats, casuals, consultants and suppliers
- Responsible consolidating and filling of VAT by 15th of the month. Maintenance of an updated VAT tracker for the various donors.
- Responsible for preparing VAT and WHT certificate and sharing with procurement departments in all location for onward submission to Suppliers
- Verification of scans to ensure correctness and accuracy for all DRC offices
- Review of voucher scans and responsible for sharing vouchers with HQ. Ensuring proper achieving of voucher scans for DRC Uganda operation with Support from IT
- Responsible for proper filling of financial documents (Vouchers, Reports (soft and hard copy) and Bank reconciliation)
- Ensure vouchers are properly archived and there is an updated database of voucher filling
- Assist the Finance Officer- Senior in the preparation of financial reports for all projects.
- Assist in preparation and during internal and external audits
- Assist SFO to Perform BFU set ups and BFU amendments within 3 days of receiving a signed contract/amendment
- Maintain an updated POA matrix on share point
- Support Finance officer -senior to Prepare and update open X's register
- In absence of Finance Officer Senior, responsible for organising BFU review meeting and sharing minutes on Monthly basis
- Responsible for proper filling of all rebooked transactions
Technical Line Management Responsibilities
- Assists Finance officer- Senior in providing technical guidance and support to field finance staff.
- Raise with Finance Assistant- Senior non-compliance issues relating to Finance Administration.
Experience and technical competencies:
- 3 years INGO or other international agencies experience in finance and operations management in international humanitarian set up.
- Proficient in standard computer applications and various accounting and financial management software. Good knowledge Navision financial software will be an added advantage.
- Strong accounting and analytical skills
- Professional, courteous and able to work with abroad spectrum of people.
- Proven ability to manage large and varied workloads, and deal constructively with stress and periods with long hours
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision
- Pro-active, stable and robust character and a good team-player
- Excellent communication skills, calm and a good sense of humor
- Flexible, enthusiastic and willingness to learn from others.
- Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Part certification in CPA or ACCA
- Excellent Communication skills in English required.
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.dk under Vacancies. Applications close on 11th July 2019.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels in light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunity: DRC is an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethinic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
Read more here about what our employees say about working in DRC.
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process. Visit drc.ngo to read more about what we do to secure robust safeguarding mechanisms.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.