Chemonics International Inc., a US-based international development organization, seeks a Finance and Administrative Director for the anticipated USAID five-year Integrated Child and Youth Development (ICYD) Activity in Uganda. This activity will aim to improve youth learning outcomes, while ensuring that children and youth are safe and healthy in their community and learning environments. Specifically, this activity will address primary school retention, provide technical assistance to orphans and vulnerable children service providers, and employ high-impact local partnerships to accomplish the activity’s objectives. This position will be based in Kampala.
The Finance and Administrative Director will be a seasoned finance and administrative professional with exceptional leadership experience and a deep understanding of the local context. The Finance and Administrative Director will lead the finance, administrative, and operations teams to ensure compliance and smooth project implementation. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference lives of people around the world.
- Direct the overall financial activities of the project including the accounting, invoicing, contracts management, procurement, and administrative activities;
- Ensure that adequate and appropriate internal controls are in place in compliance with USAID and PEPFAR policies and procedures, to meet generally recognized accounting standards;
- Manage all bookkeeping, bank accounts, and cash flow;
- Oversee a human resource program in the areas of employee relations, benefits and welfare administration, recruiting, and policies and procedures;
- Manage project funds for the appropriate execution of the project;
- Responsible to track project expenses and prepare monthly financial reports and annual budget projections to ensure full compliance in accordance with USAID and PEPFAR rules and regulations.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in administrative management;
- University degree in finance, business or a related field;
- Knowledge of USAID and/or PEPFAR regulations and contract management procedures preferred;
- Excellent financial management and organizational skills, attention to detail;
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of professional accounting principles, theories, practices, and terminology (private sector, governmental and non-profit) and an ability to understand accounting practices and procedures; to analyze data, narrative reports and workload flow charts, etc;
- Strong working knowledge of Human Resources principles and accepted practices;
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively in a cross-cultural environment;
- Excellent written and oral English abilities required;
- Outstanding problem-solving skills, resourcefulness, and flexibility;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Actual hiring is contingent on Chemonics being awarded the activity and on USAID approval.