URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/
Under the 2016 - 2021 Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS), USAID/Uganda seeks to make a five-year, approximately $35 million award to achieve the result of improved ability of individual, households, and communities to adopt priority behaviors. This, in turn, will transform households, communities, and systems for improved health and development outcomes through Social and Behavior Change (SBC). This Activity will primarily align with CDCS Development Objective Three (DO3) (“Key Systems More Accountable and Responsive to Uganda’s Development Needs Improved”) and will contribute indirectly to Development Objective One (DO1) (“Community and Household Resilience in Select Areas and Target Populations Increased”) and Development Objective Two (DO2) (“Demographic Drivers Affected to Contribute to Long Term Trend Shift”).
URC is currently seeking a qualified Director of Finance and Administration to oversee the overall financial management and administration of the program. The Director will provide management support and oversight in the implementation of program activities. The selected candidate will work directly with the COP to ensure full compliance in accordance with USAID rules and regulations, functioning of financial processes as well as maintaining internal controls for the Social and Behavior Change for Transformation Activity.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop program budgets with teams and monitors budget pipelines;
- Provide timely and accurate financial reports to USAID and URC HQ as required;
- Manages internal and external financial audits of the program;
- Track and analyze all costs incurred under the contract and oversee preparation and timely submission of monthly financial statements and reports.
- Ensure that all project financial management, procurement and human resource practices are in compliance with URC policy and U.S. government regulations. This includes reviewing grantees’ and subcontractors’ budgets.
- Ensure that expenditures are within budgets and in compliance with commitments made in grants and work plans.
- Prepare information as needed to provide the COP with a financial overview to support effective decision-making.
- Oversee and lead all administrative, logistical and financial management for project
- Liaise with other key technical personnel and local staff to ensure smooth financial processes are upheld
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field from an accredited university/college is required.
- At least 7-10 years of progressively responsible experience in the accounting and financial field, with prior experience with USAID funded projects.
- Experience in successful financial and administrative management of projects of similar scope and size
- Significant experience with USG and USAID financial procedures, rules and regulations.
- Fluency in English is required
- At least 3 years of experience supervising a finance team.
Please note: these positions are contingent upon securing award.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.