University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/
This anticipated 5-year USAID-funded activity seeks to accelerate progress towards Government of Uganda’s Vision 2040 goals of becoming a middle-income country, by increasing the adoption of positive reproductive health behaviors. The Voluntary Family Planning for Improved Reproductive Health and Development (FP4HD) Activity will accomplish its goal through three intermediate results (IRs): 1. Ugandan leadership and coordination strengthened to support voluntary family planning (FP); 2. Positive social norms and behaviors enhanced to improve healthy timing and spacing of
pregnancies; and 3. Access to quality, voluntary family planning increased.
URC is seeking an experienced candidate for a Family Planning/Reproductive Health Quality Improvement Officer position to provide technical assistance and oversight to support implementation of the Uganda FP4HD Activity. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Family Planning /Reproductive Health Quality Improvement Advisor in oversight, management and implementation of the activity interventions
- Contribute to the implementation of RH/FP service delivery strategies, policies and operational frameworks at the regional, district and health facility level
- Provide guidance and advice on implementation of new or emerging high-quality service delivery initiatives/services, including youth-friendly services
- Apply cutting-edge quality improvement methods to translate best practices into improved management of RH/FP services
- Support the functionality of quality improvement teams for FP/RH and other health interventions at the district and health facility levels
- Participate in quality and timely reporting to USAID through monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Ensure that technical assistance and expertise is provided at the sub-national levels in a timely and responsive manner and is of high quality.
- Establish collaborative working relationship with regional, district, health facility and USAID Implementing Partner stakeholders, sharing lessons learned and best practices.
- Other additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Master’s Degree, or higher, in Social Sciences, Medicine, or Public Health; Specialization in Reproductive Health, Family Planning, or Community Health preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in delivering Family Planning or Community Health programs, with at least three (3) working in quality improvement
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of community systems and how they relate with the public sector
- High level of interpersonal, technical, and analytical skills including a demonstrated ability to interact effectively and collaboratively with a broad range of public and private sector counterparts, donors, and other key stakeholders
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, depth and breadth of management expertise and technical experience.
- Excellent skills and experience in collaborative working relationships with senior level government leadership at regional, district and community levels
- Experience with youth and adolescent sexual and reproductive health.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills
- Oral and written fluency in English.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, with excellent MS Word and Excel skills.
Please note: these positions are contingent upon securing award.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.