University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/
The purpose the Uganda Multi-Sectoral Nutrition, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Activity is to Strengthen government-led multi-sectoral RMNCAH+N systems so that improved services are available and used by Ugandans to survive and thrive. This will be achieved by improving government multi-sectoral leadership, strengthening systems for RMNCAH+N services, and supporting the enabling environment for functional multi-sectoral RMNCAH+N systems.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The Director of Finance and Administration provide oversight to the finance and administration aspects of the project.
- S/he oversees and ensures effective administrative support to all technical teams for successful implementation of all activities including trainings, workshops, meetings, and conferences to achieve the strategic objectives of the project.
- S/he oversees procurement function and ensures that procurement processes are done with due diligence, transparence, efficiency, effectiveness and Economy; allows Open Competition with fairness at all stages to enable accountability and value for money.
- S/he ensure compliance with USAID and URC rules and regulations, and develop systems to mitigate risk, fraud and waste.
- S/he oversees effective tracking of project inventory and assets including vehicles.
- S/he ensures timely payment to vendors based on complete and accurate documentation.
- S/he develops and maintain cost effective, streamlined procedures and systems to achieve more efficient provision of goods and services procured.
- S/he oversee local contract management ensure that contracts, leases and other agreements are properly prepared, monitored and updated so as to meet agency needs and to comply with legal obligations.
- S/he performs internal audits and reviews, as required, to ensure compliance with URC standards, donor requirements, and internationally accepted accounting practices.
- Stay abreast of donor policies, procedures, rules and regulations; compile and update applicable local policies; and train URC’s program staff in these policies.
- Master’s degree in business administration, Finance, Accounting or other relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- Ten (10) years of experience managing, in increasing roles of responsibility, finance, procurement, contracts management, logistics and/or human resource related matters for international development activities of similar dollar value;
- Significant experience with USG-funded projects preferably in Uganda.
- Strong leadership, mentoring, management, planning, analytical and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience to provide technical assistance to organization and conduct trainings.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.