University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/
The overall purpose of this Task Order is to rapidly prepare Local Partners to have the capabilities and resources to serve as Prime Partners for USAID/PEPFAR programming, in compliance with USAID and PEPFAR procedures, for PEPFAR implementation in FY20 and FY21 across sub-Saharan Africa.
This position, based in Kampala, Uganda, will serve as the project’s primary field-based lead, providing programmatic, financial, and administrative leadership to all programming efforts in sub-Saharan Africa.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate regional country programs.
- Be responsible for strategic direction and management, as well as mobilizing global and national networks and relevant assets within and across partners.
- Cultivate open and collaborative management relationships with key stakeholders.
- Direct and manage program staff and consultants across multiple countries.
- Create and direct program goals, objectives, and performance requirements.
- Monitor program tasks, activities, and outcomes.
- Has a Master’s degree in public health, communication, or a related field.
- Has at least five (5) years’ experience in a senior-level management position leading, managing and implementing international health and/or development projects.
- Experience with PEPFAR and USG programming and policies for at least (5) five years.
- Has demonstrated expertise and technical leadership in HIV.
- Has experience interacting with U.S. government agencies.
- Frequent travel throughout sub-Saharan Africa required.
- Has demonstrated ability and leadership in nurturing diverse partnerships among global and local actors across health and development areas
Please note: these positions are contingent upon securing award.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.