Global Business Analyst
Category: Information Technology
FINCA Network Support B.V. (“B.V.”) based in the Netherlands, a subsidiary of FINCA Microfinance Holdings (‘FMH”) based in the U.S., providing support services to 20 micro-finance operating subsidiaries across Africa, Eurasia, the Middle East and South Asia, and Latin America.
This job can be based in: Uganda (Kampala) or Georgia (Tbilisi).
The Global Business Analyst (GBA) is an integral part of the Global Program Management Office. This role will recommend and plan and execute business and technical solutions, by reviewing, analyzing and documenting business systems and user needs to support overall business strategies. The GBA will work closely with all functions across all business units at subsidiary, regional and corporate level, with an aim to consolidate and document the business requirements, translating the requirements into the parameterization settings and providing post live support to ongoing business as usual changes.
The successful candidate has excellent documentation and presentation skills and the ability to communicate between both business and technical staff at all levels. This role requires excellent business and systems analysis and design skills.
Plan and Organize
- Lead the business process definition and alignment of new core applications; documentation and maintenance of process maps and diagrams describing the operational process in FINCA subsidiary.
- In coordination with Project Manager and subsidiary management team, assess the risks associated to parameterization and user acceptance testing phases of the implementation process to ensure the correct definition and alignment of subsidiary’s operational requirements for the new core application in relation with risks
- Guide the team of subsidiary’s subject matter experts’ to ensure adequate documentation of all additions and modifications is reflected in the subsidiary’s policies and procedures, business requirements and operational reporting.
- Utilize quality management principles to determine the requirements by subsidiary and align them to the IT standards and practices.
- Manage the application parameterization process:
- Capturing Day 0 data to be defined for core application (Excel format).
- Reviewing the Day-0, modify in line with subsidiary’s business model;
- Understanding the impact of day 0 setup changes in consultation with vendor consultants.
- Ensure the enough data cleansing and inconsistency verification procedures are planned for data migration process:Lead the process for User Acceptance Testing phase preparation and execution phases:
- Determine the data cleansing criteria and procedures
- Creation of test plan for data migration results
- Lead the process for User Acceptance Testing phase preparation and execution phases:
- Leading the process of defining and creating the logical test calendar and creation of test plan for each logical day; Collating test case scenarios covering major areas of operational activity, user access level and authorization, application language translation / localization activity, functionality and behavior of migrated data
- Leading the process of creating the test plan and test case scenarios covering the operational reporting infrastructure.
- Coordinating the issue resolution process during the user acceptance testing phase. Ensure the issues are being resolved in line with established communication framework. Coordinating the process of verification and certification of issue resolution results.
- Responsible for maintaining the register of issues identified during the user acceptance testing phase.
- Document all changes performed to the initial parameterization settings (Day-0) during UAT process.
- Prepare pilot rollout plan; Identify data entry scope for application users, prepare data entry source reflecting the actual business operations performed. Identify the excepted result for data entry activity in coordination with subsidiary’s Financial and Operations department.
- Coordinate the execution of data entry and verification for multiple operational days in line with Pilot Rollout Plan procedures.
Being a part of the core application supporting team, GBA is responsible to continue the collaboration with subsidiary’s management team by
- Maintaining ongoing communications with core application users to determine areas of improvement, and proactively recommend improvements to subsidiary’s Parameterization Committee.
- Consolidating and documenting? all changes performed to the initial parameterization settings (Day-0) after going live with new core application.
- Assisting the regional support team in organizing a variety of testing procedures for all releases to the subsidiary’s production environment (such as fixes, updates, patches, etc).
- Organizing testing of standard and ad-hoc reports generated through the Corporate Data Warehouse.
- Organizing training for subsidiary staff related to accessing and using the Corporate Data Warehouse infrastructure.
Support & Evaluate
- Manage the data entry process for all parameterization changes after respective approval and test.
- Ensure quality assurance and standardization of core application training materials and user guidelines, used by the subsidiary during the implementation phase, as well as after the going live for training of the new users of the application.
- As part of the global support team, provide the expertise in core functionality and parameterization; participate in resolution of incidents and problems escalated at the regional level.
- Work with subsidiary management team to define a set of performance targets for the core application functionality. Monitor the post-implementation performance of the core application functionality. Ensure the application adequately meets the functional needs of the subsidiary.
- Periodically review the functional performance of the core systems against targets, analyze the cause of any deviations, and initiate remedial action to address the underlying causes.
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- PMI-Professional in Business Analysis (PBA) Certification
- Agile Analysis Certification (AAC)
- Certified Foundation Level Business Analyst
- IIBA Certified Business Analysis Professional
- 3-5 years of experience within a technical or consulting environment, ideally with 2+ years in the software development life cycle (design, development, coding, testing and implementation);
- Experience with core banking application will be considered a plus.
- Experience working in a reginal or Global support role preferred.
- Experience conducting gap analyses between business requirements and software;
- Experience within the financial services, microfinance, and banking environment;
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of relational databases, normalization of entities and processes;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills of English language; The ability to present information and ideas clearly and concisely; Fluency in French will be considered a plus.
- Strong leadership skills with proven capacity to direct, to influence and to motivate the project team he/she will be working with. Ability to impact operations and effect change without being confrontational
- Excellent capacity to present and to explain the information, persuade to the others and promote the understanding and the consensus.
- Ability to work independently and with others. Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment.
- Proven ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks. Extremely organized with strong time-management skills
- High level of energy, critical thinker creativity, flexibility, enthusiasm and commitment· self-confidence and initiative
- Accuracy, attention to detail and awareness of deadlines Detail oriented, analytical and inquisitive
- A hard-working self-starter with initiative, able to set own priorities.
- Strong commitment with the social mission of FINCA.
- Fluency in English required
- Availability to travel up to 30% of the time
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.