mothers2mothers -> m2m Uganda -> Finance
Jinja - , JIN UG (Primary)
Type of position
Secondary / High School
The Job purpose
Transport passengers and goods to the required destination in a safe manner and ensure that all vehicles are in road-worthy condition by undertaking routine checks.
Key Performance Areas
- Vehicle Maintenance and safety
- Inspect vehicles for defects and safe operating condition before, during and after trips and submit a written report on the condition of the vehicle at the end of each trip of duty following m2m daily checklist
- Ensure that the vehicle is kept clean and tidy.
- Ensure that the vehicle is parked safely at all times, especially on overnight assignments.
- Ensure that the vehicle is always parked at m2m office or a designated parking location as per the m2m Vehicle Use Policy.
- Transportation and safety of authorized passengers and items
- Ensure that passengers are driven to and from their destination in a safe manner.
- Ensure that loads and cargo are secure and transported safely.
- Transport documentation and reporting
- Fills out a vehicle Daily Log Book.
- Record the number of kilometers covered, fuel consumption, repairs and service done.
- Ensures any discrepancies re fuel and log book recording are reported immediately.
- Prepare and submit vehicle monthly reports in line with the m2m Vehicle Use Policy.
- Complies fully with m2m procedures on the reporting of accidents involving m2m vehicles.
- Carries out any other relevant duties as assigned by the Country Finance Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) or its equivalent. Certificates in motor vehicle mechanics and defensive driving is an added advantage
- At least three years’ driving experience with a clean driving record and preferably with an NGO
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in both stable and stressful work environments
- Must possess a valid class B driving license.
- Possession of another driving class is an added advantage.
- Should have a strong customer service orientation and able to work in a multi -cultural team.
- Good oral and written Communication skills
- Commitment and Reliability
- Ability to take direction and learn on the job
- Willing to work odd hours
- Fluency in English and various local languages
Jobs in Uganda, Driving Jobs in Uganda