Deputy Chief of Party, USAID/Strengthening Systems and Public Accountability Activity, Uganda
The purpose of the Strengthening Systems and Public Accountability (SSPA) Activity is to improve service delivery through strengthened accountability, deepened public participation and oversight, and reduced corruption within Uganda’s public service sectors. This will be achieved by improving leadership and accountability for results, strengthening the standards, reward and sanctions systems for public officials, challenging the norms, attitudes and behaviors that fuel corruption, and support citizen engagement to demand better services. The three main objectives of the Program are: i) Increased citizen voice, coalition building, and engagement with government to reduce corruption; ii) Key systems and standards enhanced in anti-corruption and accountability institutions at the national and sub-national level to combat corruption; and iii) Strengthened accountability processes within specific service delivery sectors, in particular natural resource governance in refugee districts and wildlife crime related corruption. The project is expected to begin October 2020.
**Please note: Only citizens of Uganda are eligible for this position**
The deputy chief of party (DCOP) will support the Chief of Party (COP) in all programmatic and administrative areas of the USAID funded Strengthening Systems and Public Accountability (SSPA) Activity. They will lead and provide technical expertise in programming public participation and anti-corruption activities as well as coordinating the program’s work with beneficiaries. In accordance with the COP, the DCOP will be responsible for the successful performance of the SSPA, as defined in the program’s statement of work.
- Provide technical leadership and support to the COP in the managerial oversight of the SSPA program to ensure successful implementation
- Coordinate and provide technical leadership of the component activities and relevant technical program team, perform quality control and ensure appropriate collaboration with other project component teams.
- Oversee fulfillment of all assigned component contract delivery requirements, including all technical and administrative reports.
- Manage and supervise the work of component personnel, subcontractors and expert consultants to achieve relevant project objectives and targets and ensure timely implementation of designated component activities.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with host country government counterparts, beneficiaries and partners.
- Promote a team approach that emphasizes high-level performance, creative approaches, the achievement of personal and project goals, and a collegial atmosphere.
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, international relations, economics, business administration, law or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least eight (8) years’ experience working in project management in developing countries and demonstrated management and leadership skills working with large and complex programs.
- Substantial technical expertise in anti-corruption reforms working with governmental and non-governmental institutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in implementing effective accountability, transparency, public oversight and anti-corruption approaches.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, including the ability to engage stakeholders in dialogue, lead formal meetings, design and conduct trainings, and produce high quality analytical reports.
- Knowledge of and prior experience working on USAID-funded activities strongly preferred.
- Experience working on development programs in the East Africa region is desirable.
- Fluency in English with excellent written and oral communications skills required, with proficiency in Swahili or Luganda preferred.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Jobs in Uganda, Public Administration Jobs in Uganda, Economics Jobs in Uganda International Relations Jobs in Uganda, Law jobs in Uganda