Requisition ID: req8571
Job Title: Driver
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kampala, Uganda
The Driver will be responsible for the safe transportation of PlayMatters regional management staff and materials, care and maintenance of PlayMatters regional vehicles and their accessories.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect and record the condition of the vehicle on a daily basis; prepare weekly maintenance checklist.
- Ensure timely servicing and maintenance of PlayMatters vehicles (complete service request forms and maintain service maintenance records); report to PlayMatters Admin Officer any mechanical problems.
- Ensure vehicle is insured and all legal documents are in order at all times; inform PlayMatters Admin Officer three weeks in advance of any renewals due (i.e. insurance, road license, etc.).
- Conduct daily assessments of road conditions and security situation.
- Drive PlayMatters regional project staff staff in a safe and courteous manner to field sites across the country.
- Deliver mail/messages as directed.
- Operate HF and VHF mobile radio equipment if any.
- Maintain cleanliness of interior/exterior of vehicle.
- Give accurate reconciliation of expenditures within the given period.
- Obey PlayMatters IRC vehicle policy and operating procedures at all times (use of logbook, no drinking and driving, signing out vehicle on vehicle registry and so on).
- Assist programs or PlayMatters Admin Officer in loading cargo for the field.
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to: PlayMatters Administration Officer
Other Internal and/or external contacts
Internal: All PlayMatters Regional staff staff
External: IRC Uganda program staff
- Minimum Ordinary Level Certificate; A- Level Certificate is an added advantage.
- Valid driver’s license with classes “A, B & DL”.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ driving experience preferably with NGOs.
- Able to pass the IRC driving test and demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic and diverse environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, excellent Microsoft word and Microsoft excel skills.
- Willingness to travel to 'insecure areas within the constraints of IRC Uganda's security policy
- Language Skills: Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- This position is open only to Ugandan nationals.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.