The Education Assistant working closely with AEP centres, Education Officer and all other stakeholders to ensure all activities of teaching and learning processes are facilitated in good time and in professional quality.
Application deadline: 30/03/2020
Employer: Norwegian Refugee Council
Title: Education Assistant (Accelerated Learning Program)
Percentage of full-time: 100
Webcruiter ID: 4209882270
Duties and responsibilities
- Monitor and report on the project activities and ensure compliance with plans and NRC standards
- Responsible for community mobilization/sensitization on AEP and other related activities.
- Provide on-site support supervision and feedback to AEP teachers, lead teachers and management committee
- Ensure community participation, contribution and ownership in the AEP program.
- Carry home visits to AEP learners and take part in discussing issues that affect the child as a mentoring process.
- Work with the community education committees in the planning and enrollment of the activities
- Distribute and monitor the use of school materials according to procedures
- Suggest new methods and approaches in order to improve the quality of the activities
- Prepare and file relevant documents as required by line manager
- Liaise with community leaders to ensure that out of school children benefit from AEP
- Identify community concerns that hinder the enrolment of children in AEP, retention and completion and recommend measures to address them.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports on activities within each AEP school with relevant data
- Inspect and supervise regularly all the AEP centers/schools.
- Ensure a constructive co-operation with local authorities and host schools in implementing AEP activities.
- Assist in identification and registration of AEP learners (database)
- Assist in updating AEP learners and teachers’ database.
- Participate in relevant meetings e.g. child protection meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, or degree in development studies, Social Science with a diploma in Education
- At least 3 years’ experience as a classroom teacher or working on education projects
- Experience from working with education projects in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge of the local context and education systems in Uganda
- Ability to speak refugee and local language commonly spoken by the beneficiaries of Kyangwali will be an added advantage
We can offer
Job Grade: 4, as per NRC Uganda approved scale
Contract Duration: 9 months renewable subject to funding.
Duty station: Kyangwali.
Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis, candidates are advised to apply ASAP.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Jobs in Uganda, Education Jobs in Uganda, Development Studies Jobs in Uganda, Social Science Jobs in Uganda