Requisition ID: req8690
Job Title: Finance Volunteer
Employment Category: Volunteer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Under the direction of the Finance Officer, the Finance Volunteer is responsible for assisting the Finance team in the day-to-day accounting operations in accordance with IRC’s policies and procedures, and in accordance with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Finance in day-to-day book keeping and data processing.
- Updating the cash books
- Prepare cash transaction vouchers.
- Assist in sorting, labeling and organizing of Finance files.
- Stamp all the finance payment vouchers.
- Assist in clearing payments in the online BvA system.
- Assist in preparation of monthly Bank Reconciliation Statements.
- Assist in the verification of expenditures submitted by the Program staff for adjustment against their advances.
- Learn about the importance of policies and procedures in an organization, including confidentiality.
- Perform other duties as requested by any finance staff.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting, Commerce, Finance or any other related course.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities.
- Knack for detail.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Strong computer skills especially in MS excel and word.
- This position is open only to Ugandan nationals.
- Deadline for receiving applications is 3rd April 2020.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation