About the Job:
The incumbent will ensure that the system hardware, operating systems, software systems and related procedures adhere to organizational values and enabling staff to effectively perform their duties. The incumbent will receive instruction and guidance on new assignments with a reasonable amount of supervision in day to day work.
- Ensure that virus protection software is installed on all PCs and are updated regularly
- Manage all communications and connection solutions including workstation connectivity, LANs & WAN to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications
- Participate in planning and implementation of IT policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance is consistent with organization goals, industry best practice and regulatory requirements
- Coordinate with business application functions to implement desktop and server systems that utilize industry best practices to meet corporate objectives
- Deploying workstations, servers, printers, scanners, firewalls, encryption systems and all host security systems
- Manage all operating systems and end-user software
- Ensure integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers, servers and databases in accordance with business needs and industry best practices regarding privacy, security and regulatory compliance
- Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights and storage allocations
- Perform regular network and security audits and document the same
- Perform and test routine system back-ups and restores
- Degree in IT, Computer Science or Computer Engineering from a recognized University
- Professional qualifications: Systems administration/System Engineering, Certification in Microsoft MCSE/MCTIP, CCNA
- Minimum of 3 years of practical experience in a reputable organization
- Working technical knowledge of network, PC and platform operating systems
- Extensive application, support experience and working technical knowledge of current system software, protocols and standards including firewalls and active directory
- Experience in LAN administration, software and hardware troubleshooting and data maintenance
25% of the Fortune 50 trust Samasource to deliver secure, high-quality training data and validation for the technology teams driving humanity forward. From self-driving cars to smart hardware, Samasource fuels AI. Founded over a decade ago, we’re experts in image, video and sensor data annotation and validation for machine learning algorithms in industries including automotive, navigation, AR/VR, biotech, agriculture, manufacturing, and e-commerce. Our staff are driven by a mission to expand opportunity for low-income people through the digital economy, and our social business model has helped lift over 50,000 people out of poverty.
Samasource is quite unique. We are a technology company with a social mission. People that thrive in a high growth environment, love working on the bleeding edge of technology, and really care about having a positive impact on the world are a great fit for the Samasource culture. Our core values are grit, integrity, humanity, and GTD (Get Things Done).
At Samasource, we pride ourselves in being a diverse and equal opportunity employer.