Kampala, Kampala · Accounting/Finance
On behalf of our client, we seek to recruit a highly competent, motivated and professional individual to ﬁll the position of Audit Assistant.Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Execute audit assistant functions to check the accuracy of accounting systems and procedures.
- Review, assess and recommend changes in accounting systems and controls of a business unit.
- Verify and inspect accounts receivable and payable ledgers and general ledger for its accuracy.
- Check, inspect and reconcile bank deposits and payments.
- Inspect, test and assess software and hardware systems for its failure.
- Check all accounting and clients’ databases are updated and functioning properly.
- Study, inspect and assess, budgets, balance sheets and other related financial statements and records.
- Review and recommend changes in internal audit controls.
- Check and verify accounting books and records are in conformity with industry practices and corporate policies.
- Ensure compliance of regulatory guidelines and generally accepted auditing standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/ Finance
- Possess an eye for detail in reporting of financial audits in the interest of the organization.
- Have in-depth knowledge about accounting and may possess professional certification such as certified public accountant and certified internal auditor.
- Must be good at computing with a Team spirit with stress on providing accuracy and quality.
- Expertise in use of software programs like MS Excel, Tally, internet etc.
- Must have good rapport and Proficient communication skills with fellow auditors as well as senior auditors.
- Comply with the targets assigned in a timely and accurate manner.
- Effective time management skills to meet the deadlines.
- Hands on experience in dealing with financial issues with every department in the company.