Senior level/strategic technical leadership for implementation of project activities:
- Contribute to the technical direction of the project related to evidence based MNCH technical assistance and programming.
- Closely work with and assist the line Technical Director to provide strategic leadership on MNCH policy, programming and practice in ways that are sensitive and beneficial to the target Government of Uganda (GoU) sector structures and population.
- Build and manage collaborative relationships with target GoU sector leadership teams, various TWGs and related committees and stakeholders, including implementing and development partners.
- Provide ongoing technical support to GoU counterparts, other players in the public and private sector and project staff to ensure implementation of national MNCH priorities in alignment with national policies and strategies, including USAID policy priorities.
- Provide ongoing support to GoU structures to align MNCH policies and guidelines with international standards and evidence-based, innovative and promising practices;
- Design all technical assistance and capacity development activities to provide increased access to and use of evidence based MNCH interventions;
B. Learning, knowledge management and data analytics:
- Substantially contribute to the learning agenda by liaising with MEL team, project consortium partners and other MNCH implementing partners to advance the project’s MNCH learning priorities
- Actively and closely work with other project team members to contribute to the design of research and evaluations related to MNCH priorities, including conducting/contributing to relevant literature reviews, landscape analyses, and data analysis.
- Lead program efforts to design and implement a knowledge management agenda including the development of documents, briefs, and presentations
- Contribute to and/or lead routine and on-request MNCH data analysis activities that contribute to program improvement, learning, research and evaluation activities.
- Serve as a technical/knowledge hub for MNCH, and oversee the project roles in providing leadership at the national and subnational levels
C. Development of project workplans and writing reports:
- Contribute to development of project strategic plans, annual and quarterly work plans
- Contribute to compilation of project ongoing activity, quarterly and annual reports, as may be needed
- Ensure compliance with USG and FHI 360 regulations and procedures during implementation of MNCH program activities
- Clinical or public health graduate degree
- At least ten (10) years’ experience working in Uganda and/or internationally in the field of Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health.
- At least eight (8) years of research and evaluation experience in Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health.
- Demonstrated successful experience developing scientific and programmatic knowledge management and dissemination materials.
- Proven senior expertise developing and implementing effective partnerships with partners, government entities, and donors.
- Knowledge and proven experience in MNCH technical leadership, strategy development, and staff oversight.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, management, coordination, teamwork, and planning skills, with proven ability to liaise effectively with and collaborate with diverse stakeholders, including global, national, sub-national, public and private partners.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.