Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and technical assistance to consortium partners to design, implement high impact gender and age appropriate SBCC interventions through Interpersonal Communication (IPC), community & mass media.
- Provide SBCC input in the project design and formative research including; desk review and other qualitative analyses to explore gaps and update social determinants of FP uptake.
- Coordinate with consortium partners, Government of Uganda and other stakeholders to review and update National SBCC FP Strategy.
- Conduct participatory meetings with stakeholders (government, consortium partners, IPs, and others) to review existing SBCC strategy and determine focus for project strategy.
- Provide technical assistance to the Government of Uganda and partners to launch, rollout and monitor the strategy through IPC, community and mass media.
- Lead the development of prototype concepts based on SBCC strategy and regional uniqueness to be used in program implementation.
- Conduct targeted media buying and placement of SBCC content based on data and the SBCC strategy to address key barriers identified through research.
- Work with consortium partners to map and/or update age and gender specific peer leaders who will work as agents for Small Group Engagements (SGEs) in different regions.
- Work with the research partner to provide SBCC in put in the project research, monitoring and evaluation.
- Represent the project in relevant technical meetings and events and make presentations when required.
- Prepare and submit reports including; status reports, quarterly and annual reports as well as status reports.
- Master’s degree in communication or related field with 7-10 years’ experience in designing and implementing SBCC programs. Experience in SBCC and demand generation (interpersonal communication, entertainment education, social media and radio); strategy, campaign and brand development; digital and social media; use of entertainment education and innovative ways of engaging youth. Knowledge of family planning.
- This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.