FULL TIME | INTERNATIONAL POTATO CENTER | REMOTE JOB
Posted On 09/07/2020
Resource Type: Consultant
Closing date: 09/10/2020
Industry: Research and Development
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking a proactive and responsible consultant with high level of commitment and expertise to develop, establish and apply Predictive equations based on near- infrared reflectance spectroscopy (NIRS) data for nutritional quality traits and functional properties in raw and boiled sweetpotato, using genetic diverse populations in Uganda.
This consultancy is remotely and will coordinate directly with the Plant Breeder Associate in
- Feasibility study on NIRS application for predicting quality traits in raw intact and blended fresh sweetpotato samples and boiled fresh sweetpotato samples.
- Feasibility study on NIRS application for functional properties on sweetpotato.
- Active participation in WP3 online meetings
- WP3 progress report
- PhD Degree
- Specialty in development of high throughput nutritional quality methods
- Expertise required in NIRS calibration development for sweetpotato related to consumer preferred traits.
- + 20 years of experience
- Technical expertise on requested tasks, high quality reporting writing and teamwork organization.