JOB TITLE: Stores and Logistics Officer
The Stores and Logistics Officer will be reporting to the Office Administrator
The incumbent will be responsible for the day to day handling of the foundation’s stock and inventory; both on and offsite. The role includes keeping up to date records of all inventories in stock, verifying and receiving all goods delivered to the foundation and appropriately recording all goods received. The officer will also be responsible for preparing all dispatches to the field and making follow ups for the accountabilities of the same, ensure that all assets are properly engraved before being put into use or delivered to third parties/recipients. The position holder will equally be responsible for accurately maintaining the foundation’s assets /inventory register in a prescribed format, keep the stores safe, neat and orderly and prepare periodic inventory reports for supporting strategic decision making.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Verify, receive and record all incoming goods.
- Prepare goods dispatches and track these to ensure that they reach the intended destinations/recipients.
- Maintain reasonable stock reorder levels
- Issue stocks based on authorized requisitions.
- Ensure the safety and orderliness of the stores and allow only authorized access.
- Maintain an orderly and up to date documentation and filling system of the stores and inventory records.
- Keep an up to date inventory/assets register of the foundations none expendable property.
- Carryout periodic stocktaking exercises
- Prepare weekly stock variance reports to senior leadership team
- Periodically report expired stocks to senior management team and arrange for their destruction/disposition.
- Prepare periodic reports on stock movement and general stores operations.
- Update the management on emerging issues around stores and logistics processes.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the management from time to time.
Required Skills, Knowledge, abilities and experience
- A degree in supply chain and Logistics management, stores management or procurement plus at least 4 years hands on experience in logistics and stores management preferably in a busy NGO set up.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to apply supply chain management techniques e.g. re-order levels, ABC or Pareto Analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- IT savvy with Proficiency in Ms Office applications especially word and excel.
- Strong attention to detail, sound technical and analytical skills.
- Ability to prepare good management reports
- High standards of integrity.
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Ability to take self-initiatives and solve problems.
- Ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities, and work under strict deadlines.