||Initiate, develop and review the strategic financial plan and budget of the project’s financial activities and management of financial resources including monitoring the utilisation of funds in line with internationally acceptable financial and accounting standards, government regulations and project strategic objectives
Key duties and responsibilities
- Administer financial management of all project revenue and expenditure in line with internationally acceptable financial accounting standards and Government regulations.
- Implement internal controls for funds and project assets in line with the assets management policies and project finance manual.
- Monitor the implementation of external and internal audit systems and recommendations as per project minimum standards
- Plan and budget for the project following the set guidelines.
- Prepare and monitor the asset register on monthly basis, bi-annual inspection of assets and do petty cash counts and review of vouchers in accordance to project
- Prepare balance sheet, payroll analysis schedules and end of month adjustments according to project policies
- Prepare financial statements and final accounts in line with internationally acceptable financial accounting standards and Government regulations. .
- Prepare vouchers, write cheques, make adjustments and post all expenses in line with project policies
- Review monthly platform, specific financial reports and management accounts to ensure completeness and accuracy according to project policies and funding requirements.
- Professional Qualification in Accountancy (CPA or ACCA).
- Membership of the Institute of Chartered Profession Account of Uganda (ICPA (U).
- At least five years of related accounting experience. Prior exposure and experience in public sector and donor funded projects.
- A Bachelors’ Degree in Commerce, Business Administration or Financial Management (Accounting Option) from a recognized university.
- Master’s in Business Administration is an added advantage
Experience & competences:
- Excellent knowledge of the relevant Accounting Computer packages.
- Excellent track record of professional integrity.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong report writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
If you believe you have the relevant qualifications and experience, please send your detailed Application and CV demonstrating possession of the relevant competencies, current position, names and addresses of three referees via email to email@example.com; not later than 5.00 pm. 23rd October 2020 .Please quote the position of interest in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
For further details please contact
PILA Consultants Limited
Tel: +256-393 275 892, Mob: +256-78-4-219107, 0704-706910