Job Title: Legal & External Affair Manager
Function: Legal & External Affairs
Level: Experienced Professional
Appointment Type: Permanent
Driving market engagement strategy with key internal and external stakeholders to help shape the local business environment and execute global engagement strategies as appropriate. Drive and coordinate the development and implementation of our AIT strategy for Uganda.
- Understand business priorities and develop appropriate internal & external Government Affairs, Corporate Affairs, Anti-Illicit Trade strategy and plan
- Identify and manage relationships with key stakeholders in order to execute engagements
- Manage execution of the internal & external engagement strategy and plan
- Ensure compliance with Group policies, positions and standards
- Provide the business with timely regulatory insights/updates to support decision-making
- Provide leadership and drive the AIT Strategy to implement a coherent engagement plan with key stakeholders to tackling the issue of illicit trade in Uganda
- Ability to engage 3rd party stakeholders and build awareness of the external environment inside the company
- Lead the Regulation, Corporate Affairs & AIT agenda within the Uganda and Rwanda businesses
- Strong business acumen in order to advise the business on how to deliver results whilst managing business and reputational risk
- Ability to advocate the business agenda in a straightforward and compelling way to internal and external stakeholders
- Coaches and supports team in order to develop great talent
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- A degree in Economics, Law, Public Policy, Political Science, International Relations
- Working knowledge of public affairs, trade blocs and fiscal policy generally.
- Ability to apply basic project management principles to campaign execution
- At least 5 years’ work experience in a similar role within Government, international institution or FMCG
- Excellent interpersonal and both oral & written communication skills
- Appropriate level of maturity to provide credibility at senior levels externally and internally
British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke.
Contractual Legal Entity: BAT Uganda Limited (UG10)