Procurement and Logistics Officer, Uganda Country Program
- Tracking Code: 10287
- Job Description
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, finance, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is seeking a Procurement and Logistics Officer to provide planning and strategic support to PATH Uganda office. The Procurement and Logistics Officer will plan the Procurement and Logistics in PATH Uganda, by ensuring cost effectiveness and reliability in the office. S/He will implement and maintain procurement and fleet management policies, systems, and procedures. The Procurement and Logistics Officer will report to the Finance and Operations Manager. This position will be based in Kampala, Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain a data base of prequalified suppliers
- Carry out vendor surveys and analysis, appraise and rate existing suppliers in line with the departmental business plan.
- Establish preferred vendor agreements for commonly used items and services
- Liaise with other departmental /project leads to ensure that the procurement department supports the programs efficiently and with minimal risks to the Projects and to PATH office.
- With a full understanding of PATH procurement policies, provide guidance to staff on these policies, application, and processes.
- Ensure proper use of procurement thresholds and approval procedures.
- Ensure that PATH procurement transactions are legal and conform to the appropriate and applicable donor Rules and regulations.
- Assist Program and Operational personnel in regular procurement planning.
- Oversee the procurement solicitation process as per PATH standards and formats.
- Preparation of procurement, trend, and analytical reports on the efficiency of the entire procurement supply chain.
- Receive and review Purchase requests from staff for appropriateness and take the requests through bidding /quote solicitation process while upholding highest level of objectivity and value for money.
- Prepare vendor analysis schedules from committee deliberation for approval and eventual contracting documentation.
- Support program teams in securing training venues, meals, training materials and other logistics required for a conducive program training/meeting to be executed all through the districts in the country and for all projects of PATH in Uganda.
- Maintain price catalogue for commonly bought items.
- Coordinate with the Finance Department to ensure that payments to vendors are executed within the contractual timelines.
- Maintain a working relationship between the project and the vendor community for quality and timely supplies while ensuring the best value for money.
- Work closely with the Finance and Operations team to scan the externa and internal factors to guide procurement related investments.
- Maintain an open channel of communication for quality assurance support roles by PATH HQ procurement office whenever applicable.
- Strengthen Standardization and enforcement of fleet management procedures, guidelines, and processes
- Analyze and disseminate information from fleet management system for management decision
- Ensure that all organizations motor vehicles are properly insured in accordance with the set policies.
- Promote and spearhead safety and defensive driving of all motor vehicles in the organization.
- Management of fleet and logistics related contracts for quality of services offered by outsourced fleet service provider.
- Review and supervise Vehicle consumption for both pre and post-paid fuel transactions and ensure efficient use of fuel by the project fleet.
- Supervise the deployment of hired car services and ensure staff get the best value from the hired fleet.
- Prepare and analyze vehicle status and cost upkeep, provide recommendations on vehicle disposal whenever appropriate.
- Ensure effective performance management processes according to PATH policies to the Drivers
- Manage, supervise, coach and mentor staff and build a team to achieve results
- Provide support to the team of Drivers to perform and accomplish required tasks.
- Identify and encourage/recommend staff to undertake skills and capacity enhancement programs and provides coaching for performance.
- Required Experience
- Degree in Business Management or Supply Chain Management or equivalent field.
- At least 4years working experience in managing a busy procurement and logistics function.
- Knowledge of institution donor requirements
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with prioritization
- Attention to details and understanding of supplier’s payment cycles/procedures
- Effective communication: Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
- Problem Solving: Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Interpersonal Relationships: Knowledge of and the ability to effectively interact within and across Divisions, Departments, Country offices in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Managing Multiple Priorities: Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation
Must have legal authorization to work in Uganda.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Job Location: Kampala, Kampala, Uganda
- Company Location: Uganda, Kampala
- Position Type: Full-Time/Regular