THE REPUBLIC OF UGANDA
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
GRADUATE RECRUITMENT EXERCISE (GRE)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the vacant posts currently available in Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies. Applications should be filled ON-LINE not later than 2nd December, 2020. The e-recruitment system can be accessed on https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors
Applicants are advised to: -
(‘O’ Level, ‘A’ Level, Degree Transcript and Certificates only);
Applicants should, among others, have the following competencies:
Ethics and integrity; interpersonal, communication and computer skills; ability to adapt to multi-cultural settings; effective organizational and planning skills; time management skills; technical skills; report writing skills; negotiation skills; capacity for teamwork; innovation and concern for results, quality and standards.
Ministry/DepartmentMinistry Of Works And TransportPostQUANTITY SURVEYORScaleU4Vacancies1ReferenceHRM 147/286/01Minimum Age21Maximum AgeMinimum QualificationApplicants should be Ugandans in possession of an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying; or Building Economics; or any other related field from a recognized University/Institution.Working ExperienceDuties
The incumbent will be responsible to the Senior Quantity Surveyor for performing the following duties:-
- Rendering cost planning and cost control of building projects;
- Managing competitive procurement of consultants and contractors on Building projects;
- Monitoring compliance of Consultants for Quantity Surveying services with minimum standards;
- Checking consultants and contractors’ claims for interim and final payments to ensure value for money;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.