THE REPUBLIC OF UGANDA
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
GRADUATE RECRUITMENT EXERCISE (GRE)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the vacant posts currently available in Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies. Applications should be filled ON-LINE not later than 2nd December, 2020. The e-recruitment system can be accessed on https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors
Applicants are advised to: -
(‘O’ Level, ‘A’ Level, Degree Transcript and Certificates only);
Applicants should, among others, have the following competencies:
Ethics and integrity; interpersonal, communication and computer skills; ability to adapt to multi-cultural settings; effective organizational and planning skills; time management skills; technical skills; report writing skills; negotiation skills; capacity for teamwork; innovation and concern for results, quality and standards.
Ministry/DepartmentMinistry Of Information And Communication TechnologyPostINFORMATION TECHNOLOGY OFFICERScaleU4Vacancies2ReferenceHRM 147/286/01Minimum Age21Maximum AgeMinimum QualificationApplicants should be Ugandans in possession of an Honours Bachelors’ Degree in Information Technology; or Information Systems; or Library and Information Science from a recognized University / Institution.Working ExperienceDuties
The incumbent will be responsible to the Senior Information Technology Officer for performing the following duties:-
- Assessing the technical requirements of the system and drawing bills of quantity (BOQs) where necessary;
- Ensuring smooth operations of the Information Technology system and the quality assurance of the service provided;
- Taking care of the maintenance of the IT systems;
- Ensuring that there is adequate capacity built for the operations and management of the information system and infrastructure;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.