THE REPUBLIC OF UGANDA
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
GRADUATE RECRUITMENT EXERCISE (GRE)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the vacant posts currently available in Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies. Applications should be filled ON-LINE not later than 2nd December, 2020. The e-recruitment system can be accessed on https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors
Applicants are advised to: -
(‘O’ Level, ‘A’ Level, Degree Transcript and Certificates only);
Applicants should, among others, have the following competencies:
Ethics and integrity; interpersonal, communication and computer skills; ability to adapt to multi-cultural settings; effective organizational and planning skills; time management skills; technical skills; report writing skills; negotiation skills; capacity for teamwork; innovation and concern for results, quality and standards.
Ministry/DepartmentMinistry of Water and EnvironmentPostWATER ANALYSTScaleU4Vacancies2ReferenceHRM 147/286/01Minimum Age21Maximum AgeMinimum QualificationApplicants should be Ugandans holding an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Sciences or any other Water Sciences from a recognised University/Institution.Working ExperienceDuties
The incumbent will be responsible to the Senior Water Analyst for performing the following duties:-
- Assisting in planning, implementation, maintenance and improvement of the Quality System of the National Reference and Regional laboratories in conformance with the International Organization for Standardization (ISO / IEC 17025) and other international standards;
- Assisting in planning, coordinating, preparation and maintenance of controlled management system documents both internal and external origin, and their documents for compliance to (ISO/IEC 17025) and other international standards;
- Participating in formulating and reviewing quality policies, laws, regulations and strategies. Reviewing and updating of guidelines and standard operating procedures for all activities in the Reference, regional and satellite Laboratories.
- Assisting in planning, organizing, conducting and controlling internal quality audits, dealing with non-conformities, monitoring and evaluation of corrective and preventive actions and complaints including regular checks and audit of water / waste treatment facilities, laboratories (National Reference Laboratory, Regional Laboratories and Satellite Laboratories, Institutional, etc.)
- Participating in all laboratory quality assurance programmes and participating in competencies/ proficiency testing of laboratories with other institutions, countries, and with international (GEMS water, Aqua check UK, SANAS) trans-boundary water quality focal laboratories;
- Participating in planning and reviewing resources needs for implementation, maintenance and improvement of the Quality System and Water Safety Plan for Risk Management;
- Assisting in assessment of performance of testing laboratories, water and waste water treatment facilities. Providing periodic and situational reports advising on solutions, risk management and corrective actions.
- Assisting in organizing meetings in accordance with ISO 17025 and other international standards, and preparing reports for submission;
- Participating in liaising with Heads of laboratories and field operations to organize for equipment calibrations, standardization, proficiency testing, inter-laboratory testing, external assessments and accreditation, thereafter maintenance of the accreditation status;
- Carrying out education and training in the area of Quality system in testing laboratories, water safety planning and total quality management;
- Participating in Quality assurance and inspection operations of water testing laboratories in the Country for health and safety in workplaces, common analytical protocols / standard operating procedures;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.