QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
We envision that with the support of the Education, Youth and Child Development (EYCD) Program Advisor, project management teams (PMTs) will be empowered to proactively integrate USAID learning cycle processes into a cohesive project management approach which leads toward collaboration, learning, and adaptation (CLA) for improved development results. Further, the Program Advisor will support USAID/Uganda in monitoring the work of implementing partners.
The EYCD Program Advisor will be responsible for overall support to their respective assigned project(s). They must support the USAID project management team and project managers/coordinators to facilitate cohesive project management through the use of collaboration, learning, and adaptation. They must support the USAID PMT to track project progress toward its project purpose. They must support USAID PMT informed decision making with appropriate knowledge collection and dissemination within the project. They will track the overall project theory of change over the life of the project, monitor assumptions, and advise the PMT on opportunities and challenges related to USAID’s achievement of key project outcomes. They will facilitate internal and external collaboration with the project and other USAID projects, as well as with external project partners and stakeholders. They will provide overall project support and advisory services which enable USAID PMTs to manage the project effectively and cohesively, catalyzing continuous improvement, and galvanizing demonstrated project impact. S/he will work collaboratively within a team of project management specialists on the USAID Learning Activity, led by a Senior Project Support Manager.
- Monitor implementing partner (IP) performance, helping to ensure the quality and accuracy of IP data and reporting, IP compliance with U.S. Government policies and regulations, and progress toward results. Meet USAID/Uganda reporting requirements.
- Monitor IP expenditures to ensure that expenditures are reasonable and consistent with activity progress. Make recommendations with regard to administrative approval of expenditures.
- Knowledge gathering: external evidence synthesis, literature reviews, overall evidence tracking, outcome and output data culls from USAID reporting systems and directly from project IPs as needed, relevant data and evidence gathering from other USAID projects and activities with potential impact on respective assigned project.
- Knowledge management: Theory of Change tracking, assumption monitoring, internal PMT updates on project progress; support Theory of Change refinement.
- Knowledge dissemination: internal and external presentations on relevant knowledge for project management and collaboration. Prepare briefing papers, success stories and other outreach documents.
- Project support advisory services: continuous advisory services support related to USAID Automated Directives System (ADS) guidance on project management, overall program cycle, and specific monitoring, evaluation, and learning requirements for effective project management.
- Collaboration and engagement: ideation, supported design, and facilitation of project collaboration activities, including internal USAID collaboration and external collaboration with IPs or other partners; stakeholder mapping and analysis; relationship building with external project partners as needed.
- Project coordination support: activity site visits, regular meetings with PMT leadership, regular meetings with PMT. Plan for USAID/Uganda events and field trips.
- Bachelor’s in Development Studies or another relevant field
- Minimum eight (8) years experience working in education, child development, or youth programs for USAID or other donors
- Understanding of USAID and development programming. Understanding of development partner and host country government development landscape, key stakeholders, and potential USAID partners within respective project focus areas
- Knowledge of USAID project management processes and overall program cycle, including monitoring, evaluation, and learning practices and policy, extensive knowledge of USAID ADS 201
- Strong analytical skills and a deep attention to details
- Clear communication skills in both written and oral forms. Accuracy and fluency in written and spoken English, additional fluency in any of Uganda’s local languages preferred
- Ability to work independently and excellent time management. Ingenuity, ability to generate ideas for a variety of activities, propose new courses of action, suggest appropriate, mitigated risks
- Relationship building skillset, ability to understand and respond to project management needs and develop trust
- Synthesis, ability to gather information from disparate sources and connect the dots to form a coherent picture of project progress and external circumstances, ability to tell a compelling story with evidence
- Proactive, ability to take on new tasks with little direction, chart a course of action, advise clients, colleagues, and supervisors on possible opportunities and challenges
- Collaborative, ability to work with colleagues and partners across sectors and outside traditional functional expertise in order to catalyze activity toward shared objectives
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
How to Apply
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Click on this link to complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application (leave the info in pink blank).
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls please.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Jobs in Uganda, NGO Jobs in Uganda, Development Studies Jobs in Uganda, Monitoring and Evaluation Jobs in Uganda