- This role participates in the timely delivery of high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, TTS and Markets, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citi’s respective regulators, globally.
- The Head of Audit for Uganda will have responsibility for Internal Audit in Uganda working in close coordination with the Citi Internal Audit (IA) teams in accordance with the matrix responsibility and execution
- Model and leverage the product and functional expertise of the Global IA team.
- Additionally, the individual will ensure that IA works constructively with internal stakeholders, including senior management across product and functional areas, to continually enhance the control environment.
- Further, the individual will assist in constructive engagement with relevant external stakeholders, including regulators and external audit.
- The role will also involve participation in other regional audits. Travel is therefore required
- Participate in scheduled audits (both in-country and regionally), ensuring that audit work is performed and documented in line with Citi’s global IA methodology.
- Pro-actively develops automated routines to help focus audit testing.
- Develop and deliver appropriately documented a country audit plan for Congo (risk based audit, internal audit issue and regulatory issue validation, business monitoring and governance reporting), based on regulatory updated and appropriately documented risk
- assessments prepared according to the established time commitments and ensure quality in the work performed and reports produced.
- Ensure appropriate delivery against the agreed audit plan for Uganda. The audit plan will ensure a complete description of the planned coverage, both of in-country audit work and, and the coverage of activities outside the country on which the country relies.
- Ensure effective cost management and operation within budget for all Internal Audit activities for the country.
- Monitoring of business activity to identify any changes in risk profiles or deterioration in control environment and updating audit risk assessment and plans to align with emerging risks/control issues.
- Keeps abreast of new laws, rules, products, technologies and applications and considers implications for the business and audit universe and plan.
- Meet all the regulatory requirements for Internal Audit in respect of providing Internal Audit services to the legal entity.
- Ensure the governance, risk management and control concerns of regional management are considered in planning, and plan updates, and that Internal Audit provides suitable, prompt assurance in respect of the areas of concern identified.
- Ensure the CCO, and management supporting the CCO, all receive prompt, timely and complete information relating to the activities of Internal Audit. This includes the quarterly reporting of the results of IA’s work directly, or impacting the country in the prescribed format and in accordance with the timing prescribed by IA process, country Audit Committee and the country BRCC, on a timely basis.
- Promptly identifies and escalates control issues raised by regulators in respect of the Citigroup activities. . Additionally, works constructively with management and Compliance to identify corrective action plans to remediate the governance, risk management or internal control issue, and that Internal Audit validates the issue promptly.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Senior level experience in a related role with experience in business and with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables to stakeholders according to strict timetables.
- Must be a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda.
University Degree and Professional Accountancy Qualifications.
- 6 to 8 years of experience related to Audit/TTS/Markets processes.
- Solid business understanding of banking products, especially those associated with the TTS and Markets business.
- Strong knowledge of audit/risk assessment techniques and principles.
- Ability to make sound decisions and to provide effective advice to others in areas of expertise and audit coverage.
- Effective analytical skills and critical thinking to understand processes, controls and risks of areas covered, identify root causes of issues and recommend practical solutions.
- Strong team player and ability to work within diverse teams in diverse cultural environments.
- Demonstrable knowledge of data analytics to develop and automated tests of key controls.
- Effective interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal / external audit and line management.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work proactively without close supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with demonstrated ability to clearly articulate issues and facilitate the definition and implementation of solutions.
- Willingness to travel, sometimes at short notice, as this role requires business travel within the region.
- Fluent in English.
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.