The IT Officer is responsible for the management of the IT infrastructure (Servers and Network Support), client systems (desktops, Printers, laptops and phones), end user support at Jhpiego Uganda offices, and technical assistance to health facilities, as needed, that extends health services to rural and underserved populations. The nature of the work requires an individual who is service-oriented, organized, and who can interact with diverse end-users and technical staff, prioritize tasks, and resolve technical issues.
Network & Server administration
User and Client System Support
Other duties as necessary and as assigned
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Tec nt knowledge and skills
• CompTIA A+ Certification.
• CompTIA Network+ or CCNA Certification.
• ITIL Foundation
Experience / Skills / Knowledge
• 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
• Good knowledge of LAN/WAN networks, TCP/IP protocols and network technologies
• Extensive experience with desktop and laptop hardware from major vendors.
• Extensive experience supporting desktops, laptops, and mobile devices.
• Extensive experience using and supporting Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat,
and other common desktop applications.
• Experience with Microsoft Office 365.
• Experience with videoconferencing systems, including Zoom
• Highly developed troubleshooting skills and processes.
• Ability to explain technical issues to a non-technical audience.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment in determining and implementing
improvements/solutions for computer hardware.
• Ability to work in a team and foster teamwork in others.
• Able to carry loads of 50 pounds, including servers, printers and computers for physical
• Understanding of the importance of documenting system configuration information.
• A broad variety of IT and support management skills including the ability to
discriminate between incidents and problems and knowing when a quick fix is not
sufficient to permanently resolve a problem.
• Ability to identify and categorize relevant information about changes in configuration for
• Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments
sometimes under pressure of deadlines.
• Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable.
• Ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Be willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the
goals/objectives set by the
• Experience with Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016, 2019 platforms.
• Experience with VMware and/or Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization platforms.
• Experience using and support Windows 10 and Microsoft 365 technologies.