Job Category: Programming
Requisition Number: LIVES01484
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Mercy Corps seeks a dynamic individual to support in the daily implementation of program activities, helping to engage with key stakeholders and ensure program outcomes are achieved. It is an opportunity for a results oriented and self-motivated individual looking for complex challenges that can make difference in the people’s lives. The PPR Livestock Officer will focus on identifying and engaging with community-based stakeholders, help in the coordination of key training events and provide ongoing contextual knowledge to ensure program success.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Identify and mobilize key stakeholders for program activities.
- Assist in the epidemiological targeting and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities through contextual knowledge
- Support the PPR Team Leader in the selection of and training for veterinarians and CAHW in the context of on-going CAHW programs, together with Tufts University and local partners.
- Assist in coordination of training events for the CAHW, with training conducted by Tufts and University of Florida epidemiologists and national universities, and participation by local Veterinary Services.
- Assist in implementation of vaccination campaigns by the CAHW, with support by the Ugandan Veterinary Services.
- Make on site visits regularly to monitor progress of activities and provide strategic measures for progress to maximize the programs’ economic and social impacts on the community
- Analyze project implementation strategies to identify constraints to program success and provide timely recommendations
- Prepare and submit periodic work plans and activity reports to the team leader
- Apply gender and youth lens approach to activities in the program cycle
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission;
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: N/A
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: PPR Team Leader
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: PPR Team Leader and Senior MEL Officer
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- A degree in Agriculture (livestock production), Animal production technology and Management, Veterinary medicine or its equivalent including course units on medicine/ animal health.
- At least 1-year experience in livestock health activities especially in the rural or pastoral communities
- Willingness to work in the field with livestock producers, community animal health workers, kraal leaders, businesses in the value chain and communities
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide range of partners; private sector, government and civil society
- Skills in team work, networking, community dialogues and organizational development;
- Excellent reporting, communication and representation skills
- Good spoken and written English. Fluency in Ngakarimojong preferred
Jobs in Uganda, NGO Jobs in Uganda, Agriculture Jobs in Uganda, Animal Production Technology and Management Jobs in Uganda, Veterinary Medicine Jobs in Uganda