Requisition ID: req11857
Open to Expatriates: No
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 25 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting IDPs, refugees and local communities. IRC Uganda has it country office in Kampala and regional offices in Kitgum Moroto, and Yumbe. The current program portfolio includes health, protection and rule of law, women’s protection and empowerment, and economic recovery and development programming
SCOPE OF WORK:
Under the supervision of the health facility in-charge, h/she shall provide quality counseling of clients, patient follow-up in coordination with the community health workers.
- Utilize Community Health data management tools and systems to record information about HIV clients accessing services, in line with the principle of confidentiality, and utilize aggregate information to improve service delivery
- Develop strategies for retention of psychosocial groups and evaluate performance of individual psychosocial groups.
- Conduct counseling of individual clients and encouraging forms of psychosocial support.
- Conduct awareness raising activities.
- Maintain a positive relationship with community health workers, VHT’s and other community-based groups to ensure they are involved in the activities of the community health and they play an active role in the referral pathway
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with all organizations working in the context to facilitate referrals and joint activities, while upholding IRC’s standard in Health programming.
- Conduct regular follow-ups, compile daily & weekly reports, and attend weekly case review meetings.
- Collect data through Community Health management tools and systems
- And any other duties that might be given by the supervisor in the line of duty
Standards for Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way-Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
- High School/College Degree/Certification Nursing or social sciences, community development or other relevant academic qualification
- Past experience engaging in community based initiatives will be an added advantage
- At least two (2) years’ working experience preferably with NGOs in a cross- cultural setting
- Experience in supervising staff and community incentive workers
- Previous team experience and knowledge of team dynamics desirable
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Health facility in-charge
Position directly supervises: None.
Jobs in Uganda, NGO Jobs in Uganda, Nursing Jobs in Uganda, Social Science Jobs in Uganda, Community Development Jobs in Uganda