Salary Scale (UWRSA Level 2)
Responsible to: Managing Director
Responsible for: Principal Human Resource Officer
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To assist in managing, coordinating and enforcing the implementation of Human Resource functions in the Authority.
- Initiate and facilitate the development, implementation and review of UWRSA Human Resource and Administrative Policies and Procedures.
- Coordinate the recruitment, selection, induction and placement of staff, prepare appointment letters, contracts and other related documentation and ensure internal disciplinary process
- Provide support to the Managing Director in the management and administration of Human Resources.
- Oversee the Authority’s staff welfare.
- Prepares the Human Resource Development Plan for onward submission to the Authority Board through the Managing Director.
- Oversee Human Resource Investment and development plan for the Authority.
- Oversee the management of staff information and records at the Authority.
- Ensure that staff with special needs are attended to and provided with necessary facilities.
- Conduct exit interviews and issue certificates of service to members of staff who retire.
- Monitor up-to-date data and information on staffing matters including staff establishment records.
- Provide guidance and ensure proper and sound management of Payroll for salaries, wages and benefits
- Project staffing needs for Administrative and Technical departments.
- Supervises Staff, assesses performance and identifies training needs and recommends appropriate training.
- A minimum of Masters degree in Human Resource Management, Organizational Industrial Psychology, Management and Organizational Development, Public Administration and Management (HR option) or MBA (HR option).
- A professional qualification in the related field is an added advantage
At least 3 years working experience in a related field with a reputable organization
- Very professional and extremely confident
- High propensity for change and a natural inclination to drive and manage change in an organisation
- Should have high integrity with excellent communication, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Should have proven ability to transfer skills and knowledge to others through formal training and technical support
- Demonstrated Computer Literacy and Presentation skills.
- Should have the ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
- Understanding of the Public Service Standing Orders particularly Human Resource
- Managing employee performance
- Has analytical skills needed to make sound HR decisions
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Consistent to follow through on tasks and projects to completion
How to apply
Send application to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org