Salary Scale: (UWRSA Level 2)
Responsible to: Managing Director
Responsible for:- Statistician
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To develop comprehensive and integrated Authority Plans, monitor and evaluate their implementation and also perform the research and development functions of the Authority
- Formulating, developing and coordinating Authority development strategies, plans and budgets;
- Prepare development proposals for the Authority projects.
- Preparing and disseminating performance standards and indicators for the Authority to users;
- To coordinate the preparation of Authority projects proposals according to the National Development Plan, Sector Development Plan and Strategic Plan of the Authority.
- Providing Technical support to Departments in preparation and production of Authority Development Plans;
- Monitor and evaluate projects being implemented in the Authority.
- Spearheading the review of the strategic and functional objectives to determine their relevancy to the Authority Mission.
- Guiding and coordinating the formulation of the strategic annual plans for effective utilization of Authority resources.
- Harmonizing the plans of the various functions and units of the Authority.
- To undertake internal and external surveys to collect stakeholders’ views on the services rendered by the Authority.
- Offering support to strategic and operational decision making in the Authority through collection, analysis and interpretation of Authority and externally sourced data.
- Maintain a comprehensive database on the staff, students and other resources of the Authority.
- Preparing the programme status reports required for management, Board and Development Partners, budget reviews, program analysis, annual reports.
- To operationalize collaborative mechanisms in planning standards with the National, Regional and International organisations, MDA and LGs in the provision of the Authority’s mandate.
- Determining and reviewing Authority investment priorities;
- Coordinating, monitoring and evaluating performance of Authority Development Plans, Programmes and Projects;
- Maintaining Authority Management Information System;
- Development and maintaining an up-to-date database
- Appraising National, Sector and Authority policies and aligning them for implementation of specific activities and outputs
- Producing minutes of the Technical Planning Committee.
- Retrieve and avail statistical reports required by different Authority Departments and other stakeholders.
- To perform any other duties assigned by the superior officers of the Authority.
PERSON SPECIFICATIONS QUALIFICATIONS
- Should have a Masters degree in Economics, Statistics or Quantitative Economics from a recognized institution.
- Should have a bachelors in Statistics or economics
- Should have demonstrated strong computer knowledge in relevant programmes.
- Should have high integrity.
- Should have at least six (6) years of working experience as a Planner three (3) of which should have been at Senior Level in a public or reputable organization.
- Should have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Well-developed skills in Economics and Project Planning and Management
- Well developed understanding of Government planning and Budgeting processes and systems
- Has a good grasp of government policies
- Lead and work as a team to achieve desired results
- High level of professionalism and integrity
- Maintain High level of confidentiality
How to apply
Send application to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org