Data Analyst / MIS Officer
Salary Scale: (UWRSA Level 3)
Responsible to: ICT Manager
Responsible for; IT Officer
PURPOSE OF JOB
To identify and make meaning of useful and important patterns in data generated from UWRSA’s systems such as e-WRS, MIS e.t.c so stakeholders can understand data and use it to make strategic business decisions.
- Develop and implement databases, data analytics, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize the efficiency and quality of the electronic Warehouse Receipt System (e-WRS)
- Review computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct any problems that may arise in the e-WRS
- Identifying areas for modification in existing software applications and subsequently write efficient code to implement these modifications
- Perform regular maintenance and servicing of e-WRS and MIS to improve operational efficiency and avoid unplanned outages and down times.
- Train end users on new reports, dashboards and tools.
- Work closely with ICT Manager, System Administrator and IT officer
- Work with Management to prioritise business, information and institutional needs
- Plan, schedule and carry out Support Related Field training of stakeholders.
- Analyze issues and develop resolutions in a timely fashion.
- Attend educational workshops and training to develop sufficient knowledge to conduct field support activities.
- Provide support to e-WRS and MIS users through a helpdesk/ and or other service,
- Participate in relevant events, conferences, meetings, etc to develop appropriate skills and industry knowledge Other duties as may be assigned
PERSON SPECIFICATIONS QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in a field related to Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Technology or Statistics
- 5+ years of hands-on experience supporting Linux systems in an enterprise environment including intermediate expertise in Linux and scripting experience (e.g., Bash)
- The ability to Analyse, Model and Interpret data, using Visualizations is required
- Technical Knowledge in Database, Application, Cloud, and Server Management is required
- Adept at Queries, Creating Dashboards and/or Reports and Presenting findings
- Experience Installing, Configuring, and Maintaining Linux Server Based Services and Applications
- Knowledge and interest in computer systems, latest technologies and the ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven working experience as a Data Analyst is an added advantage
- Proven working experience with commodities exchange, receipt systems an added advantage
- Demonstrated ability to work constructively within an organized system and team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
How to apply
Send application to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com