SENIOR INSPECTORS (2)
Salary Scale (UWRSA Level 4.)
Responsible to: PRINCIPAL INSPECTOR
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The chosen candidate (s) will perform regular inspections for warehouses, commodities, personnel, warehousing practices, etc, and recommend improvements to warehouses. To excel in this role, applicants should demonstrate great attention to detail with excellent technical and math abilities.
To uphold quality mechanisms set for the operationalization of the Warehouse Receipt System for certified and licensed warehouses to maintain conformity to standards and quality expectations
- Perform regular quality assessments/inspections on warehouse facilities, personnel, commodities, etc.
- Monitor operations at warehouses to ensure that they meet warehousing standards
- Select output samples at warehouses and check them using appropriate methods (measuring dimensions, testing functionality, comparing to specifications etc.)
- Document inspection outcomes by completing detailed reports and performance records for submission to the Quality Manager.
- Recommend improvements to the warehousing practices to ensure quality control.
- Train the warehousing personnel and other stakeholders about quality control concerns.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent qualification in Logistics, Food science, Agribusiness.
- Certificate in quality control is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- Good math and technical skills.
- Strong understanding of quality control standards and testing techniques.
How to apply
Send application to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org