Salary Scale (UWRSA Level 5)
Responsible to: Manager Human Resource and Administration
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To drive Authority staff, guests and/or any other assigned passengers and ensure general maintenance of motor vehicles of the Authority.
- Drive staff and other authorised passengers as and when instructed.
- Delivering messages, documents and letters as assigned.
- Liaises with Transport Officers on fuel allocation.
- Noting vehicle mileage to track departure and return schedules.
- Providing support to other Authority drivers on call.
- Performing defensive driving techniques, passenger protection and customer care at all times.
- Ensure proper security of the official vehicles.
- Notifying the Transport Officer to renew vehicle renewables and insurances.
- Ensure vehicle service is on schedule.
- Maintaining a functional log book, fuel and maintenance logs.
- Ensuring the vehicle is clean at all times.
- Reporting replacement of worn down vehicle parts.
- Checking the vehicle routinely and compiling service reports.
- Ensure the safety of the vehicle and adhere to all traffic, safety and other relevant laws and regulations
- O. level certificate with a pass in English
- A valid and clean driving permit.
- Time conscious and self-motivated
- Driving experience of at least 5 continuous years as a Driver in a busy and reputable organization and accident free driving record.
- Defensive driving skills, time management skills, excellent communication skills and good interpersonal skills are an added advantage.
Basic knowledge in vehicle mechanics and basic vehicle maintenance
- Defensive driving skills
- Understanding of Government Policy on vehicle usage
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good time management
- Good spoken and written skills
- Take charge of the vehicle(s) under his care.
How to apply
Send application to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com