Description: Program Finance Assistant
Why Join IntraHealth?
IntraHealth International is a global health nonprofit that has worked for 40 years in over 100 countries. We improve the performance of health workers and strengthen the systems in which they work so that everyone everywhere has the health care they need to thrive.
IntraHealth’s programs generate long-term social and economic impact to keep communities around the world healthy, strong, and prosperous. And our dynamic staff are passionate about global health and committed to excellence.
Join us. The future of global health starts here.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Program Finance Assistant is responsible for providing timely and reliable finance and Administrative support to USAID RHITES-E activity while ensuring the highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol. Program Finance Assistant should demonstrate a client–oriented approach, courtesy, confidentiality, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds. S/he shall support office documentation and physical file management services including safe delivery and/or photocopying of documents
- Oversee the registration and generation of participants’ attendance lists during program meetings
- Reconcile participants’ attendance list to Hotel bills during trainings or major activities implementations
- Ensure all participants are registered and mobile money numbers are verified.
- Reconcile the participant list with the hotel Invoice and bills
- Guide and Monitor the registration process for participants
- Prepare excel worksheet with verified names, mobile numbers and amount in timely manner.
- Share the excel worksheet generated from the field with finance in timely manner to ensure payments are effected within agreeable time
- Prepare Journals during month end processes
- Work with finance officers in reconciling mobile money accounts on monthly basis
- Support in reviewing internal controls while executing payments in finance office
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Business administration or Science in Accounting
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of similar engagement in a similar organization
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of basic computer applications (MS Word and Excel) is required
- Good command of written and spoken English is important
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Minimum noise levels in an office environment
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically
- Position is based in an office, requiring sitting at a desk most of the day
- Requires lifting of 0-10 lbs. occasionally or as needed
- Accountability - Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high-quality results for IntraHealth's success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
- Service Excellence - Knowledge of and ability to put into action customer service concepts, processes, and techniques to access internal and/or external client needs and expectations and meet or exceed those needs and expectations through providing excellent service directly or indirectly.
- Client Relationship Management - Knowledge and ability to determine and satisfy current client needs and maintain a partnering relationship during engagements; includes influencing, communicating, presenting, facilitating, Build and manage new relationships and collaborative alliances.
- Effective Communication (Oral and Written) - Understands effective communication concepts, tools, and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate professional communication behaviors
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers Deadline for Application is 5th February 2021
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1