Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and Uganda use Sokowatch's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Role: Uganda Procurement Manager, Reporting to East Africa Procurement Manager
Your role is to assist in building and maintaining strong supplier partnerships. You are responsible for driving company supplier term negotiations, by ensuring we receive the best margins, payment terms, and build strong partnerships across the country operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Negotiate terms and conditions of supplier partnerships
- Schedule regular reports and meetings
- Actively manage and monitor the procurement and delivery of goods to the warehouses, to ensure KPIs are being met and revised regularly
- Improve supplier lead-time compliance through optimization of delivery tracking
- Managing supply chain relations activities at a country level
- Monitor all distribution agreement contracts and ensure invoices from suppliers and POs to suppliers are as per the agreed terms.
- Proactively identify opportunities that will align supplier needs with the organizational goals
- Manage and implement strategies for procuring, and distributing goods to maintain stock levels
The successful candidate will possess:
- Preferred 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Bachelor degree, preferably in Business Management, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Economics, or a Related Field
- Understanding of Procurement Management Procedures, Logistics Skills, Strategic Planning Abilities
- Understand cross-border logistics
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced sales environment
- Strong negotiating and consulting skills
- Strong data analysis and superior organizational skills,
- Effective interpersonal and analytical abilities
- Strong oral, written communication & presentation skills
- Willingness to travel for work within the country
- Must love working with people and cross-cultural teams