On behalf of our client a Non Government Organisation (NGO) , we seek to recruit a highly competent, motivated and professional individual to fill the position of Human Resource Officer.
The Human Resource Officer will work with the teams in the Kampala HQ and the field offices and will report to the Core Management Team led by the Managing Director
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement the HR strategy aligned to the organization's objectives.
- Support and coach the management team on all people management matters, including the organization’s change and transformation.
- Be responsible for all HR management and development (including recruitment and selection policy/ practices, discipline, grievance, mentoring, salary and conditions, contracts, training and development, talent management, succession planning, driving performance appraisals, and any other HR-related issues).
- Provide insight and recommendations on HR initiatives that can strengthen organizational results
- Keep up to date with HR legislation and provide suitable interpretation to Directors and Managers.
- To facilitate as a mediator when required and help resolve employee issues
- Ensure proper filling of all staff personnel files
- Undertake various tasks as required outside the HR field to assist with organization efficiency
Skills and requirements
Successful applicants must have adequate skills and experience suitable for the tasks described above, including:
- Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Admin or a related field. Influence more
- At least two years’ experience working with a non-governmental organization or private business
- Experience in designing and delivering coaching/mentoring, learning and development, and talent management programs.
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills; both written and spoken English
- Adaptability and flexibility, willingness to work in a versatile way on diverse tasks, and willingness to work in field offices
- Recruitment and selection experience; and experience of designing and writing HR policies, procedures, offers, and contracts of employment
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
Interested candidates are invited to apply through our email email@example.com Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.