About the job:
A mid to junior to mid-level consultant to team in delivery of services to / at client premises on delegated engagements / projects.
Apply core finance and accounting knowledge in an advisory context to assist our clients in enabling the success of their finance function.
· Improving the effectiveness and performance of finance functions, and finance processes.
· Supporting our clients to improve their controllership close-to-report cycle. This includes assessing their people, processes, and systems.
· Providing practical and pragmatic accounting solutions.
· Supporting clients during disruptive events (large transactions, such as IPO readiness, mergers and acquisitions, divestments, etc.)
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies required:
· Newly qualified CA(SA) or
· B Com Financial accounting degree
· B Com Financial management degree
· B Com IT degree
· And/ or B Com Internal Audit and
· 3-5 years’ work experience
· Knowledge of financial accounting and internal controls or SOX experience
Our diverse and inclusive Assurance Services team is growing rapidly to meet increasing client demand in solving challenges in the Finance function. We need you to help us make an impact that matters.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
Are you curious, practical, outcomes driven, love learning, client centric, relish a challenge, collaborative, thrive on working on a variety of diverse problems from clients in different industries and sectors and being part of a fun, professional team? If so, read on!
We’re looking for someone with some or more of the following attributes:
· Understanding of finance business processes (“as-is”, gap analysis, documentation, flowcharts)
· Internal controls design and testing to address risks identified within a process
· Experience in finance functions optimisation / improvements with ERP and reporting packages / systems (SAP, Oracle, SAGE, Hyperion, etc) experience.
· Understanding of the chart of accounts structure and design of month-end balance sheet reconciliation process
· Experience with advanced Excel – macros, etc.
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Africa opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across the African continent and globally to gain experience and access projects beyond our borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.