Main Purpose of Job
Specialist in the application of ISA and IFRS. Responsible for thought leadership, consultations with the audit practice and clients as well as the development of managers in Audit Technical. Develop high-performing people and teams, leading and supporting them to make an impact that matters, and setting the direction to deliver exceptional client service.
The role is:
- to provide audit technical support and focused interventions to the public audit practice in Deloitte Africa by way of formal and informal consultations to support high quality audits.
- develop and lead audit learning interventions.
- author or review audit support content in response to professional standards (ISA-based Audit Approach Manual)
- provide coaching to engagement partners and teams to improve the quality of the audit file.
- furthermore, specific engagement support is provided related to financial statements, SENS releases.
Honours Accounting Degree
Postgraduate qualification (relevant to Service Area / Business Management, etc.)
7 years working experience.
5 years in a client facing role; 3 of these in a management role
· Deep technical knowledge of International Standards on Auditing
· Expert in field with sound industry and business knowledge
· Demonstrated leadership skills
· Proven ability to manage and execute projects
· Excellent report writing skills
· Good financial knowledge
· Sound business acumen
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Excellent presentation skills
· Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills
· Good mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others
· Strong client delivery focus
· Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease
· Focus on quality and risk
· Sound problem solving ability
* Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.