Main Purpose of Job
Focus on the delivery of IT Audit and IT Assurance related engagements.
Specialised Technical Capabilities:
Builds a Foundational Expertise:
· Ability to form a core technology and data risk skillset through proactively conducting research, and participating to internal and external initiatives
o Understands and applies the major program management approaches and practices (e.g., SDLC, ITIL)
o Develops a strong knowledge of technology and data management frameworks (e.g., Technology Risk, Data Risk, Cyber Risk Maturity Model) by conducting independent research, and attending workshops, seminars and training programs
o Becomes familiar with technology and data risk, as well as industry-specific regulations; keeps up to date with emerging trends
Executes Assurance Engagements:
· Ability to enhance quality of assurance engagements by identifying risks, performing testing, researching governing regulations, and developing reports
o Uses industry leading frameworks and tools to analyze client’s documentation and identify risks that require control assurance
o Tests validity of client’s historical financial and non-financial information, leveraging relevant standards (e.g. ISAE 3000), as appropriate
o Articulates client’s regulatory framework by leveraging Deloitte’s proprietary approaches and applicable audit standards and guidelines
o Develops assurance reports to accurately present risks, related controls, and the effectiveness of those controls
o Ensures findings and recommendations are aligned with the audit objectives by keeping in mind the engagement business context when performing technical work during the assessment process to ensure all risk facets are considered
· Solid grasp of technical skills and methodology
· Demonstrated knowledge and technical skills on “core operating systems” e.g. Windows, UNIX, etc.
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience in performance of business process and automated controls testing on the more common applications
· Developing knowledge of ERP systems like SAP
· A good understanding of how to link risks and controls to ensure test steps and controls and risks all speak to each other; ability to research “unknown” systems or audit in-house developed systems, i.e. problem-solving/logic capabilities
· Developing Digital fluency and knowledge on Emerging technologies, including Cloud, RPA, AI, etc.
· Developing skills in Agile and DevOps.
· Developing further Industry experience (FSI, TMT, CB, ER&I, etc.)
· Demonstrates ability to work efficiently and meet all deadlines consistently
· Displays initiative
· Takes accountability for delivery of own work as per instruction
· Active participation and proactive attitude to service delivery
· Meets deadlines
· Works well within a team and with client management
Degree / Diploma
Relevant Degree, Honours or post graduate diploma. Workings towards a professional qualification (CISA)
2 years’ working experience
Experience in a client facing role
Demonstrate an understanding of large scale information technology application systems, infrastructure, business processes and security standards.
Demonstrate an understanding of the Deloitte IT audit methodology and its application in major client industries.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Centre. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/careers/articles/benefits.html
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.